snowcontrol satellite-based system
for large roof areas
The satellite-based system is an add-on to our base snow-scale system. It is our solution for monitoring snow loads on very large roof areas or particularly vulnerable areas.
We will be happy to advise you personally 089 / 716 751 06
Targeted monitoring of vulnerable roof areas
The snow cover on large roof areas can be subject to considerable fluctuations, e.g. due to snow accumulations caused by roof structures, firewalls or photovoltaic systems and lead to varying roof loads. These fluctuations can only be captured by a multitude of measuring points. Our satellite-based system may be placed, for example, in every line of a photovoltaic system and so precisely capture potential snow masses slipping off any individual row of panels. Furthermore, by applying a multitude of measuring points, the overall load on a flat roof can be captured much more realistically and accurately than by just using one device only.
Satellite-based system overview
The probing value is submitted to our main base system via WLAN. The snowcontrol satellites operate fully self-sufficient and do not need any cables, wiring or external power supply.
- Wireless standard: ZigBee 2,4 GHz
- Wireless range: >100m
- Dimensions: base plate 40 x 40 cm,
- Dimensions: probing platform diameter 30 cm, height 9 cm
- Measuring unit: kg/m²
- Tare weight: 3 kg
- Accuracy: +/- 2 kg
- Max. measuring range: 250 kg/m²
- Material: UV-resistant PVC
- Connectors: no connections necessary
- Mounting: no fixing necessary
- Power supply: AGM battery (operates over 3 years)
- Alternatively delivered with solar panel